Wednesday, August 09, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes A Set Of Cheerful Thank You Tags


Hello Crafty Friends! I've been de-stashing through a well-known auction site over the last few weeks. Things I haven't used in a long time were in need of a new home. Whenever I send an item off to its buyer, I tend to add a little note hence these cheerful 'Thank You Tags'.


They were really quick to make and gave me the opportunity to show you how to stamp on a die cut shape using a stamping tool.

First I gathered the following supplies: For The Birds, Celebrate Artsy and Trendy Leaves stamp sets plus the For The Birds Dies and Luggage Tags Nesting Dies and some card, inks and markers.



I started off with die cutting the single bird from mixed media card.



The negative was placed inside my stamping tool, the bird stamp aligned and the lid closed to pick up the stamp.



Next I added a die cut bird to the negative, inked up my stamp using Onyx Black Versafine, closed the lid and stamped the bird.



As you can see, it worked quite well. I then repeated the steps with the other die cut birds using Imperial Purple and Satin Red Versafine inks for a change.



I then coloured the birds using brush markers and die cut the large Luggage Tag.



The large brush stroke was stamped using generational stamping and two tones of green ink, Gumball Green and Pear Pizzazz.



The leaves were added in Gumball Green.



The sentiment was added in black.



To finish, I added the birds, outlined them in black and added some twine and sequins.



That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to try stamping on die cuts using your stamping tool.


If you do use the technique I shared in today's post or any others shared by my teamies, make sure to link up your makes with our Spotlight Project Showcase. Details on how to do this can be found in this post here.


Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used:


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to pop in the little tags/notes x Always love the step by steps you do Monika and learn lots. Great backgrounds to the tags and such fun and colourful birds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag designs, Monika. I love your backgrounds and colored birds for each tag. TFS your wonderful thank you tags. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet set of tags, Monika. Your birds turned out so pretty, esp. the pink/yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gorgeous tags Monika, and thank you for sharing how you stamped the birds.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)