Thursday, October 12, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Clear Embossing with Cornelia


Hi, Cornelia here today doing some clear embossing. I think it's underrated. It is so beautiful and simple!



My stamp supplies:

  

preview-merryandbright  

I cut and taped matching cardstock together.



I swiped my embossing buddy over the card stock. Don't forget that. You only want embossing power where your stamped image is. I stamped the roses with Versamark.



Heat embossed them in clear. You see that it kind of looks like you used different embossing powders, but its the same powder. This works especially well with silhouette stamps. I finished the card with a sentiment and some Nuvo clear drops.



Clear embossing also has a striking effect on black card stock.



I used one of the Typografia sets - I just love them!



To me it looks very elegant.



Added the die cut tree and silver embroidery thread, which I secured with a brad. I also added small gems to the tree. Lastly I colored in the letters with Finetec silver Mica watercolor.

Here is a different view on my cards:




I hope you liked this!

Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)