Friday, December 01, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Tag by Asmah


Hello friends! I am back again with another fun and easy tutorial to share with you today. I created a minimalist mixed media tag and hope it will inspire you to create yours as well.


First of all, I used tea bag sachets for the foundation in the background of a white card stock. I always keep them every time I make tea and I have accumulated a lot already so it's time to use them up.
 Next I gesso'd the adhered sachets.
Once it is air dry, I applied modeling paste through Dots and Dashes stencil to create random patterns.
 When the process is done, I start to add texture on the surface by gluing down a small piece of gauze with gesso. At this point I wasn't sure which STAMPlorations stamps to use yet...decision...decision {chuckle}.
 So I went ahead and played with Deco Art and Alpha colors to bright up my little tag. 
 As you can see below, I finally made up my mind to use Artsy Border Maker stamps at the edges for extra interest. I also added quotes from Kaisercraft collection.
 Towards the end, I figured I needed bigger butterflies for my tag so in the end I cut out two pieced of stamped Trendy Butterflies and let them fly freely on my tag. I adhered the piece to a Kraft Manila Tag
I sure hope you are happy with my easy and minimalist mixed media tag tutorial this time.
I do hope you will give it a try and why not send in your creation to the mixed media December challenge, which starts Sunday? I shall see you there.

Until next time. Have a happy holidays with family and friends.

Hugs and smiles,
ARTplorations/STAMPlorations/CUTplorations products used:
      


3 comments:

  1. Love how you used your tea sachets and gauze for added texture to your artsy colored and stamped tag. TFS the inspiration Asmah. We are tea drinkers so will quickly have a supply of tea sachets:-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)